PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Theory and design of Plates & Grids Punjab Technical University Exam 2012 Theory and design of Plates & Grids Test September and March Question Paper Free Download Punjab Technical University Theory and design of Plates & Grids Question Papers 2012 PTU M.Tech Question Paper 2012 for all students Previous Year old Past Papers of PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Theory and design of Plates & Grids Punjab Technical University September 2012 and March 2012 Exam M.Tech Sample Model Question Papers Free Download PDF
Theory and design of Plates & Grids
- DeriVe the differential equation for deflection of rectangular plates. Also discuss the various boundary conditions used for analysis of plates.
- Use Levy’s method to find central deflection of a simply supported 25 mm thick steel plate 4m x 5m, if it is loaded by an uniformly distributed load of 3 kN/m2.
- Design a concrete grid floor to cover a rectangular panel of an office floor of size 1 2m x 9m. The super imposed load may be taken as 4kN/m2. The ribs are spaced 1 .5m in both X and Y directions.
- A thin circular plate of radius R is simply supported along r=R. It is subjected to uniformly distributed radial moment M around the rim. Find the deflection of the plate at r =- 0.
- Explain the moment curvature relations giving expressions for different stress Resultants.
- Derive expressions for strain energy’ as applicable to plates in bending.
- Derive the expressions for bending moments along the central axis of a simply supported rectangular plate with a concentrated load at the center.
PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Theory and design of Plates & Grids