PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Metal Casting Punjab Technical University Exam 2012 Metal Casting Test September and March Question Paper Free Download Punjab Technical University Metal Casting Question Papers 2012 PTU M.Tech Question Paper 2012 for all students Previous Year old Past Papers of PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Metal Casting Punjab Technical University September 2012 and March 2012 Exam M.Tech Sample Model Question Papers Free Download PDF
- Discuss the different ingredients of moulding sand. Also compare these ingredients with the ingredients of core sands.
- Discuss in brief the influence of clay content and percentage of tempenng water on the strength of a moulding sand.
- Explain how nucleation occurs and grows in the freezing of the pure metal.
- List and discuss briefly the factor that affects tie fluidity of metals.
- Define risers. What are its primary functions? Design the ingate dimensions for pouring a 20 kg casting in 11 sec, with the runner having a cross-section area of 600 sq. mm and the two ingates of 25 mm width each. (Assume any missing data).
- What are the different types of gates? What are the different objectives that a designed gating system must accomplish? Discuss:
- (i) External chill. (ii) Internal chill.
- The use of internal chili is more suitable than external one’. Explain. Discuss all the formulas used to calculate the gating system dimensions.
- Give a shoil review about the directional solidification process. Discuss how the directional solidification can be control led.
PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Metal Casting