PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Distributed System Punjab Technical University Exam 2012 Distributed System Test September and March Question Paper Free Download Punjab Technical University Distributed System Question Papers 2012 PTU M.Tech Question Paper 2012 for all students Previous Year old Past Papers of PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Distributed System Punjab Technical University September 2012 and March 2012 Exam M.Tech Sample Model Question Papers Free Download PDF
- In a certain workstation-based system, the workstations have local disks that hold the system binaries. When a new binary is released, it is sent to each workstations. However, some workstaiions may be down (or switched off) when this happens. Devise an procedure that allows the updating to be done automatically, even though workstations are occasionally down.
- The terms loosely-coupled system and tightly-coupled system are often used to describe distributed computer systems. What is the different between them.
- When a Private workspace is used to implement transactions, it may happen that a large number of file indices must be copied back to the parent’s workspace. How can this be done without introducing race conditions?
- What is a kernel in distributed operating system. Explain with example of an OS.
- What are the feature of CORBA. Discuss
- Why do stateless servers have to include a file offset in each request? I this also needed for stateful servers?
- What is the difference between a file service using the upload/download model and one using the remote access model.
- A file system allows links from one directly to another. In this way, a directory can ‘include” a subdirectory. In this context, what is the essential criterion that distinguishes a tree-structured directory system from a general graph-structured system?
PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Distributed System