PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Advanced Power Electronics Punjab Technical University Exam 2012 Advanced Power Electronics Test September and March Question Paper Free Download Punjab Technical University Advanced Power Electronics Question Papers 2012 PTU M.Tech Question Paper 2012 for all students Previous Year old Past Papers of PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Advanced Power Electronics Punjab Technical University September 2012 and March 2012 Exam M.Tech Sample Model Question Papers Free Download PDF
Advanced Power Electronics
- Describe reverse recovery characteristics of diodes. Show that reverse recovery time and peak inverse current are dependent upon storage charge and rate of change of current.
- Describe the various types of power diodes and also discuss static V-I characteristics of a power diode.
- What is the two-transistor model of thyristors? Explain the functioning of the model.
- Find the minimum value of the series inductance I required to protect an SCR from excessive di/dt. The SCR has a di/dt rating of 1 OA4ts and the AC source voltage is 220V.
- What are the conditions under which a transistor operates as a switch?
- Discuss hard drive and over drive factor for power transistor.
- Explain the switching characteristics of power MOSFET’s?
- A 230V, 50Hz, one-pulse SCR controlled converter is triggered at a firing angle of 40° and load current extinguishes at an angle of 2100. Find the circuit turn off time, average output voltage and average load current for:
R=5Q and L=2mH
R=5, L=:2niH and E=l 1OV
- For a 3-phase full converter, explain how output voltage wave, for a firing angle of 30°, is obtained by using
(i) phase voltages and
(ii) line voltages.
PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Advanced Power Electronics