PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Advanced Communication Systems Punjab Technical University Exam 2012 Advanced Communication Systems Test September and March Question Paper Free Download Punjab Technical University Advanced Communication Systems Question Papers 2012 PTU M.Tech Question Paper 2012 for all students Previous Year old Past Papers of PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Advanced Communication Systems Punjab Technical University September 2012 and March 2012 Exam M.Tech Sample Model Question Papers Free Download PDF
Advanced Communication Systems
- What is multiplexing’? Compare and contrast various multiplexing techniques used in communication.
- For a bit stream 010(31110, sketch the waveforms for each of the codes:
- (a) Non-Return-to-Zero-L (b) Non-Return-to-Zero-I
- (c) Bipolar AMI (d) Pseudoternary
- Assume that the signal level for the preceding bit for NRZ-l was high, the most recent preceding bit (AMI) has a negative voltage and the most recent preceding bit (Pseudoternary) has a negative voltage.
- What is WDM? How it is different from TDM
- (b) In a fiber optic network 256 nodes are to be connected using 256X256 star coupler. The star coupler is formed by interconnection of basic 2X2 couplers in M stages. The average loss per coupler (Insertion and splicing loss) is 0.25 dB. Find the number of 2X2 coupler required and the maximum permissible transmission distance if the average transmission loss (including connection loss) is 0.5 db/km. Assume a transmitter to receiver margin of 32 dB.
- (a) Can a 4 port circulator be used as a 3 port circulator? Explain with the help of a suitable diagram.
- (b) What is switching’? How it is implemented.
- What do you understand by protocol? List and explain various protocols used for transmission in mobile communication.
PTU M.Tech Paper 2012 Advanced Communication Systems