PTU M.Sc IT 1st Semester Paper 2012 Operating Systems Punjab Technical University Exam 2012 1st Sem Operating Systems Test September and March Question Paper Free Download Punjab Technical University Operating Systems Question Papers 2012 PTU M.Sc IT 1st Semester Question Paper 2012 for all students Previous Year old Past Papers of PTU M.Sc IT 1st Sem Paper 2012 Operating Systems Punjab Technical University September 2012 and March 2012 Exam M.Sc IT 1st Semester Sample Model Question Papers Free Download PDF
2. What are the five generations of computer and how they classified ?
3. Write down different system calls for performing different kinds of talks.
4. What are the four conditions of deadlock prevention?
5. What is meant by Inter irocess communication? Explain the two ftmdamental models of inter process communication.
6. What are the functions of operating system?
7. Write short notes on
(a) Process scheduling.
(b) Intenupt handling by operating system.
8. List out the various process states and briefly explain with a state diagram.
9. What do ou mean by processor scheduling? Explain the various levels of scheduling.
10. State about virtual memory concept.
11. What is process control bock’? Explain all its components.
12. Explain briefly about, processor, assembler, compiler, loader, linker and the functions executed by them.
1 3. Write short notes on
(a) History of operating system.
PTU M.Sc IT 1st Sem Paper 2012 Operating Systems