PTU BCA 1st Semester Paper 2012 computer System Architecture Punjab Technical University Exam 2012 1st Sem computer System Architecture Test September and March Question Paper Free Download Punjab Technical University computer System Architecture Question Papers 2012 PTU BCA 1st Semester Question Paper 2012 for all students Previous Year old Past Papers of PTU BCA 1st Sem Paper 2012 computer System Architecture Punjab Technical University September 2012 and March 2012 Exam BCA 1st Semester Sample Model Question Papers Free Download PDF
Computer System Architecture
2. What is DBMS? How its use removes the problems of traditional file system’?
3. Compare the characteristics of client-server, centralized and distributed database systems’?
4. What is E—R model’? List the various symbols along with their use in E—R model.
5. Construct hierarchical, network and relational model representations for any system of your choice.
6. Explain the various unary and binary operations in relational algebra?
7. Write a note on views. How are they useful in database systems’?
8. Explain the need of normalization. What are the properties a relation must possess to be in 3NF and 4NF’?
9. What are joins’? Also describe various types of joins.
10. What is replication of distributed DBMS’? Why it is needed?
11. What are lost update and uncommitted data problems in database’? How can we prevent them?
12. What is a deadlock? What are the techniques to prevent a deadlock?
13. What is shadow paging technique? Also mention its advantages and disadvantages.
PTU BCA 1st Sem Paper 2012 computer System Architecture