PTU B.Tech Mechanical 3rd Semester Paper 2012 Theory of Machines Punjab Technical University Exam 2012 3rd Semester Theory of Machines Test September and March Question Paper Free Download Punjab Technical University Theory of Machines Question Papers 2012 PTU B.Tech Mechanical 3rd Sem Question Paper 2012 for all students Previous Year old Past Papers of PTU B.Tech Mechanical 3rd Semester Paper 2012 Theory of Machines Punjab Technical University September 2012 and March 2012 Exam B.Tech Mechanical 3rd Semester Sample Model Question Papers Free Download PDF
Theory of Machines
- Differentiate between the following:
- i) Lower pair and Higher pair.
- (ii) Turning pair and Sliding pair.
- Define and explain the term kinematic chain. For a kinematic chain what is the relationship between number of pairs and number of links.
- Name the two different types of steering gear mechanism. What are their merits and demerits?
- Distinguish between initial tension and centrifugal tension in a belt.
- Explain the phenomenon of ‘slip’ and ‘creep’ in a belt drive.
- Define and explain the terms: Cam profile and prime circle.
- What is the difference between a governor and a flywheel?
- Differentiate between Pivot and collar bearing.
- What do you mean by static and dynamic balancing’?
- What is meant by the expression friction circle?
PTU B.Tech Mechanical 3rd Sem Paper 2012 Theory of Machines