PTU B.Sc IT 1st Semester Paper 2012 Operating Systems Punjab Technical University Exam 2012 1st Sem Operating Systems Test September and March Question Paper Free Download Punjab Technical University Operating Systems Question Papers 2012 PTU B.Sc IT 1st Semester Question Paper 2012 for all students Previous Year old Past Papers of PTU B.Sc IT 1st Sem Paper 2012 Operating Systems Punjab Technical University September 2012 and March 2012 Exam B.Sc IT 1st Semester Sample Model Question Papers Free Download PDF
2. Give the difference between reprogramming and multiprocessing.
3. Differentiate between pre-emotive and non-preemptive scheduling.
4. (a) What is a semaphore? Explain busy waiting semaphores.
(h) Why is segmented paging important as compared to paging system? 5. What are the four necessary conditions of deadlock prevention?
6. Define the following:
(a) FIFC) Page replacement algorithm
(b) LRU Page replacement algorithm
7. List the steps needed to iertbrm page replacement.
8. Write short notes on
(a) Protection (b) Kernel JO subsystem
9. Differentiate between:
(a) Program translation and program interpretation
(b) FCFS and SJF
10. What are Interrupts ? How are they handled by the operating system?
11. Define process. Describe the contents of PCB.
12. What is Swapping? Does swapping increases the operating system overheads.
13. Defrne the following:
(a) Client server architecture (b) Sleeping barber irohlem.
PTU B.Sc IT 1st Sem Paper 2012 Operating Systems